Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Before and After: Message Board

I found this picture at Goodwill a while ago and fell in LOVE with the metal scroll work on top. The whole thing is metal and lovely:


Although I liked the color of the metal, it felt a little dark for my house and didn't really fit in with the "light and airy" scheme I'm trying to create. So a little paint and glaze later...


I painted the center with chalkboard paint. I hung this near the kitchen and write the weekly dinner menu on it.







Here's something I've learned with spray paint projects. I have always bought the cheap 97 cent Walmart spray paint for my painting needs. Well, I heard great reviews about Rustoleum's Heirloom White (used on some candlesticks) so I got some to try. Was there any difference in the spray paint? HECK. YES. I don't think I'll ever use the Walmart kind again. Serious. The Rustoleum covers way better, sprays way better, has a more comfortable button, and can spray when held in any direction. Totally worth the extra cost because one can goes much farther anyway. And yes, the Heirloom White is a gorgeous creamy white color.

Fun, fun fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment